Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meet Dio

From afar, at the juxtaposition of Seventh and Pine, a sartorial shadow disappeared into the book store. I almost didn't turn 'round, but some mysterious force overtook my being and lunged me in after him. The closer I got the more he shined, until there he was in full view, blinding me like a diamond in the limelight.


He was sizzling: I had to document his look for all to marvel, study and learn, what have you - eat off him? I asked away; he was ready and willing; out the door we flew. I was on a mission to capture his look asap lest the flame of opportunity extinguish.


DSC02265_2


Dio hails all the way from Taiwan. In about as fast as you read this, I whimsically imagined his journey: Over the Pac he slung shot to LA, then sped up to SF, catapulted up to Seattle, navigated across to NY, where he hurdled false hopes to near exhaustion before half-circling the roundabout back to Seattle, where he's now a student of fashion at Ballard's NY Fashion Academy. In everyday time his movements spanned four years.


In so many words Dio acknowledged that his decision to devour the Big Apple was premature. He survived one month. "So, NY kicked your ass?" I remarked.


"Yeah, how did you know?" he replied. Half surprised, half embarrassed, he wore his heart on his sleeve.


Something tells me that NY hasn't seen the last of Dio. I doubt that the world hasn't, either. NY, Paris, Milano, Tokyo, look out, Dio's on his way.


Dio, thank you for electrocuting me with your incredible fashion sense. You are an inspiration.


Mr. Andy

3 comments:

lorenzomateo said...

Cool outfit

B. Boo said...

i think i tried to photograph this guy in Milk and Honey the other night! my shot didn't turn out in the dark. he's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Now THIS is fodder for the Sartorialist, Andy (tho I know you want to be individual about it all). Fabulous picture...fabulous subject!